The Best Man in the Whole World - atha's scrapbook

January 26, 2013

The Best Man in the Whole World

If you ask me who is the best man in the whole world, my answer will be always my dad. Bapak. Some people thinks that calling a father with 'bapak' doesn't sound great. I mean, they think that it is too old-fashioned or ndeso maybe. But a big no. I really am proud calling my dad 'bapak'. I know that I'm gonna marry a man someday, but my dad is always be the best man I have ever known.
And this post is dedicated to you, my hero :)

My dad was born in December 24th 1965 (count  his age by yourself) in Cilacap, a small town in Central Java, Indonesia. His dad aka Opa is working in a textile company and was assigned in Cilacap. Opa has ever stayed in Pematang Siantar (where he met Oma:')) then he moved to Cilacap when he was just married. Okay, back to my dad. Dad spent like 2 years in Cilacap and moved to Semarang. And I can say Semarang is my dad's hometown (although Opa adalah orang Madura yang besar di Jakarta dan Oma adalah orang Padang asli) because he grew up in here. Opa's job was promised a happy life, I mean my dad's childhood wasn't really hard. He graduated from high school in 1984.

The journey started in college.

My dad decided to go to Jogja to continue his study because he wanted to take mining engineering at Universitas Pembangunan Nasional. In Jogja all the miracles happened. My dad was my mom's neighbour. My mom was going to Universitas Gadjah Mada (which makes me jealous of her every single time). They were dating for like 7 or  8 years (which makes me jealous again, because you know? My dad is my mom's first boyfriend!) and now have married happily for 19 years.
My dad finished his college in 1992, which means that he went to college for like 8 years o__O (i heard mining engineering was hard) then he got a job in a state-owned coal mining company and assigned in a really really small town in the deep South Sumatera, Tanjung Enim (google it!). His salary wasn't too much but he didn't give up. He married my mom in 1994 in Malang (my mom's imaginary wedding was happened :')) and took my mom to live in Tanjung Enim.

My dad got his little hero in 1995. Khanza Farrasafif Muhammad. First son, first kid, and  it was really easy to make Mas Ancha became his everything. But Allah loves mas ancha too much, and took him just when mas ancha is one month old. My dad's world became really dark, he cried in mas ancha's funeral (and it just really hurts knowing him cried because he's really strong. And if he cried, that means he couldn't hold the pain anymore). Just like a month after mas ancha's funeral, my dad got like a scholarship from the company to have a course in Sydney for three months. He didn't pay at all. Totally free!

After came back from Sydney, my dad's life was getting better. He got promotion and ME! YES ME! I CAME TO HIS LIFE IN 1997. He was really happy, mom was really happy, and all the family were happy because I could cheer my parents up.
Then, Bapak became my everything. He taught me everything like seriously everything! 'Bapak' was my first word you know?:') Dad introduced me English and taught me to read when I was two years old (I could read a short story when I was 3 :p). He taught me to play football, to draw, to write, and protected me no matter what. The stroy of three musketeers end in 2001 because my little annoying sister, Aqilla Khairani Shafira was born. Lol I love her, kok! My parents love us very much and they NEVER call us with 'kamu'. They always call us mbak and adek. Me and my sister think 'kamu' in our family is a rude word. You may call us weird but I seriously don't care.


He's my doctor.

Have I told you that I have ever swallowed a ring? Lol, but I'm not joking. I have ever have a ring that happily stuck in my throat. And he made that ring out by making me vomited. There were three blood vomits. I didn't cry, my mom did! I was 5 at that time.


His dark world back again...

His beloved woman, his mama, my Oma, passed away in 18th of June 2003. My birthday? Yes:") Oma was a reaaaaallllyyyyy nice person. You will love her at the first sight. She's incredible... My dad didn't cried at the funeral, and 6 years of me was asking "Kok bapak mamanya meninggal nggak nangis? Yang nangis malah ibu.." he answered me, "Buat apa nangis, nggak akan bawa Oma kembali. Yang penting doanya mbak." He smiled and kissed my head.

He is such a strong human being. He didn't give up and kept doing his daily activity normally.

He got scholarship again in Lebaran 2003. This time, to Japan. For a month. He went to Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka. He sent us postcards and told us Shinkansen was really nice. AAAAHH shinkansen... I really am proud of him. Jealous? Maybe yes, but he always tells me that I HAVE TO be better than him. How to be better than him when he's already the best?

He never bring me down.

He got scholarship again in 2008 for 10 months and mom always says "kenapa bapak dapet ke luar negerinya belajar mulu.." Lol. Guess where did my dad go? FRANCE!!! Like seriously, France!! He stayed in Fontainebleau, a town that located 60km from Paris. YES. PARIS. He went to Paris every weekend... and saw Eiffel Tower, and Arc De Triomphe, and Lafayette and Gare de Lyon... And I asked him in a crazy way "How's Paris? How's Eiffel Tower? Bapak naik ke atas gak? AAAA Eiffel!!" And he answered "Biasa aja ah, masih ngangenin Ka'bah tau mbaaa" And it made me think. Seriously.
Not only France, he got a chance to had a study tour to Germany,Luxemburg,Norway,Sweden and felt SNOW!!! OMG SEEING SNOW IS ONE OF MY BIGGEST DREAMS EVER. He said snow was extremely nice..

I told you.

I didn't love him because he has ever travelled around Europe. Not because he's an engineer.

I love him because he loves me. Because he protects me. Because he makes me feel special. I love him for him, not for his look, his job, his experiences. Maybe he didn't know... But bapak, you gotta know that I love you sooooo much{}

Sorry if there are grammatical mistakes, yeah English isn't my main language.

Malang, January 26th 2013
with a stomach that sounds loud,
atha.

No comments:

Post a Comment