Being in a Relationship - atha's scrapbook

March 2, 2019

Being in a Relationship


Lately, I’ve been in a relationship with someone I’d never thought I’d date. After I met him, all these crazy lists of features I had for my ideal boyfriend vanished. It’s just... we clicked.

I could spend hours and hours of talking to him without having to worry we’d run out of topics. I laugh at his jokes. I love how he knows things I don’t, and he shares; about how solar energy could turn the traffic lights on, how geothermal makes electricity, about swiftlets nest, about wars and politics, and the list goes on and on. I think that’s more than enough.

I could really be myself around him. Okay, the idea of ‘being myself’ is somehow very debatable but I just feel like I don’t need to pretend; I don’t care about how I look, or how my makeup vanished; I’m not scared of sharing secrets and fears to him, ones that I couldn’t share to anyone; being that comfortable around someone is more than enough, I think.

He brought up a little piece in me I didn’t know existing that need him, and I feel like he needs me too (or not? Haha). He calms me in a way nobody could. He makes me feel loved, worth, safe and protected. He doesn’t stop me from dreaming crazy big dreams. He makes me exercising and learning more. He helps me grow. I think it’s more than enough.

I know it’s been only a couple of months. But, I just want to share that when you meet the right person or you think he’s the right person,
all those ideal types
those hopeless romantic storylines
beautiful love songs
suddenly just don’t make sense anymore.

I just feel like it’s right being around him. I feel comfortable, too comfortable sometimes, that I feel like I’ve known him for a very long time, although it’s just been months.

I’m the type of person who doesn’t like corny, cheesy pickup lines, quotes, or compliments. It just felt too... dorky. But now I realize, when the sentences were said because you really felt them, they’ll never be too corny or cheesy.

Being in a relationship also made me realize that humans interaction is really that complex. Sometimes, out of the blue, I’d feel insecure, or angry, or sad because of him and I don’t even know the reason why. But one of many things I appreciate about our relationship is that we talk everything out. I’d tell him if I get upset or sad even though I don’t know the reason (lol) and vice versa. And we'll figure everything out.

Now I’m just grateful I have him around, making Jogja even more beautiful and memorable, and I hope he felt the same. Who knows what may happen next, right? ;)

Cheers to the uncertain future.
Cheers to the surprises life has prepared.

but I sure do hope he would stay, for a very long time, though.
All my love,
Atha

No comments:

Post a Comment