My First Experience Being Hospitalized - atha's scrapbook

April 13, 2012

My First Experience Being Hospitalized

Hey, i wanna share a story of me :) In the end of last January, I was hospitalized, and it was the first time for me being hospitalized. Let the story begin ;)

On Monday, 23rd of January, I got bad headache, really really bad, and decided to go to bed. Then in the midnight I found that I attacked by fever. Mom gave me febrifuge and we thought I'm gonna be okay on the next day.

But, on the next day, the fever still did not recover. We decided to go to the doctor and I didn't go to school. In the hospital, the doctor said that if the fever didn't recover until the day three, namely Thursday, I should do blood checks.

Score! The fever was still on me till Thursday. And yeah, on Thursday I did blood checks on the clinic near my home. The result said, I got Typhus. The doctor on the clinic said I didn't have to be hospitalized, I just needed a lot of rest. Then we came home, and my classmates came to see me. They're really kind {} I'm grateful I have them.

On Friday, I felt worse, and worse. I didn't know why. My parents decided to take me to the hospital and we went there at 9 a.m. In there, we had to wait for the doctor and I was the tenth on the queue. Guess what? We enetered the doctor's room at 12! The doctor suggested me to do the blood checks, again! The result still said that I got Typhus and symptoms of dengue fever. Doctor said I had to be hospitalized.

The nurse put the infusion on my left hand and I was scared and wondering, "Is this gonna be really hurt or something?" But the fact wasn't as scared as I thought.

My left hand with the infusion.

I didn't get room. The hospital was full of patients. We had to wait, because the nurse said there will be empty room at 6 p.m. YES. At 6. I was put on a room like waiting room and there was a bed so i could take rest. Can you imagine that? For 6 hours I was waiting for a room with my left hand that has been one together with infusion.
Finally, 6 p.m. came. The nurse took a wheelchair for me to help me go to 4th floor. I still could walk alone! But the nurse was forced, so that's it.

My dad took this, say I'm weird please!

When i entered the room, I felt like.. nothing. I mean, it was the first time for me being hospitalized. So I just smiled and hope I'm gonna be alright soon.

Me and the only sister I have on the bed. Yes, I'm totally weird.

I was hospitalized for 4 days. The whole nurses are so kind and made me comfortable. The food on hospital was good, and I thought being hospitalized wasn't really bad because I could get a lot of rest. The only thing I hate about hospitalized was the moment when -the-nurse-came-to-your-room-every-morning-to-take-your-blood. I was thinking they might be draculas or vampires who love my blood .__.
Guess what souvenir I took from hospital! I took an infusion tube! LOL. Why? Because there's my name on it :)
;)

That's my story! Wish that was the first and the end. Healthy is not as cheap as we can imagine, guys! :)

Bandarlampung, April 13rd 2012
Atha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment