Us in a Nutshell - atha's scrapbook

December 25, 2016

Us in a Nutshell

And I began to brood, whose fault it was. Me, for being such a ingenue, or you, for pretending over anything. I could call it sweet. Running through the basketball court at night which had weird redolent; breaking some school rules only to be joyful. One night we laid on the grass, watching the fireworks that we set on a dark sky. The other night we spent whole day at the park's benches and laughed so hard on our friend's lame jokes. We would out of the blue bump into each other every morning before the fog even vanished; saying hi and awkwardly talked about the weather.

I never thought that I would like you that much. We barely knew each other until one day you brought out the topic of my accent. "Weird," you'd say. You would look at me as if I was an indigenous person of an ancient tribe, just because I talked differently. Then you began ranting; why out of all people I was the one who had cute accent, why our lines crossed in a bizarre way, or why the way I behave bothered you so much. Trust me, I had no idea. I have no idea.

People called it outrageous, but to me that was your incipient attempt to make your dots connected into mine. You were always dancing in the fire while the best thing I did was talking effervescently. I was pretty much doing things behind the curtains and you always showed up under the spotlight. Best actor of all the dramas we played. Now I finally understand why they said "you've been given an elixir. wake up".

At the end, our ego won the battle. We both already gave up before the referee even blew his whistle. We were too afraid to say yes; resulting in a long, savage, fiery ruth. I, wearing my saggy, ugly, navy jacket, feeling unsure, called it quit. Few moments afterwards, I received a big, mysterious dispatch. You viciously were intertwining your lovely yarns, which used to make my gloomy days away, with my sweet best friend's.

Was I a fool to believe it was a sweet lagniappe? I guess I had no choice. We were seventeen and all we did was being comely to each other.
Thank you, though. It was a nice assemblage.

No comments:

Post a Comment